Engineering and Product Design Positions in the Mobile and SNS Areas – 360buy.com
The following are the background we’d prefer to see for the development and product design positions, although none is independently a requirement.
For development positions:
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or closely related field
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures & complexity analysis
- Extensive experience programming in C/C++ and Java.
- Great understanding of network & socket programming, concurrency & multithreading, memory management and common design patterns
- Experience in application development in one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Windows Phone
- Experience in developing SNS products
- Extensive experience in server side architecture design and development, preferably in Java
- Extensive experience in Web development in HTML, JS, CSS
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
For product design positions:
- Bachelor's degree
- Extensive experience in conceiving and designing dynamic and visually appealing products for mobile devices across platforms
- Extensive experience in designing SNS products.
- Skilled in user & task analysis, user research techniques, and applying user experience and design principles in the creation of wireframes, mockups and application flows
- Understand how to use data, metrics and customer feedback to guide design-related direction and decisions, and produce rapid design iterations
- Proficient with a range of interaction design, visualization, and rapid design prototyping tools
- Proven ability to assess, prioritize, and make design trade-offs against business, technical, and user constraints
- Demonstrate written and oral communications skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
- Prior work that showcases creative problem solving, innovative and exciting user interaction solutions that are rooted to real world needs
What is 360buy.com? 360buy .com (also known as Jingdong Mall, or in Chinese, 京东商城) is the largest B2C online retailer in China with over 60 million registered users and more than 8000 suppliers. 360buy offers complete category of products, competitive prices, and convenient delivery services to customers. 360buy has built a superior reputation in the E-Commerce field and won a large group of loyal customers in china. Since it started online retailing in 2004, 360buy keeps growing on an average rate of over 200% per year. It has attracted famous international investment firms, incl. Capital Today, Sequoia Capital and strategic investors such as retail giant Wal-Mart. As a result, Jingdong 360buy has raised more than one billion dollars of investment during the last round of financing in 2011.
We are looking for top notch engineers and product designers to design and develop mobile and SNS products that will potentially be used by hundreds of millions of people. These are fascinating positions in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in mobile or SNS products, and is willing to relocate to China.