Job Title-Field Applications Engineer - FABS09
Job location: San Jose
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve complex customer incidents in a timely manner via our advanced Support CRM System; work on site with the customer when necessary.
- Maintain daily updates in the database on the progress with customer issues.
- Review and assist in the debugging of customer and partner OS, boot-loader, and application code.
- Installation, test, and benchmarking of Cavium reference software and software development kits; configuration and use of application software including IPSec/IKE, SSL, WLAN, 7-layer network stacks.
- Guidance and assistance in development of customer hardware, test software, device drivers, API's, and application software.
- Participate in conference calls with Customers and Sales/FAEs as necessary.
- Interface with other technical support personnel, engineering, and product management to escalate and resolve issues.
- Replicate issues and testing of customer configurations in a lab environment.
- Author technical knowledgebase articles (FAQs) for use by customers, other technical support personnel, and partners, based on closed issues.
- Develop training materials on your designated subject matter area of expertise.
- Review and provide feedback on Cavium technical documents, specifications, manuals, app notes, white papers, product briefs, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of work experience in the field of 32b and 64b microprocessors & integrated SoCs (Preferably MIPS, ARM, or PowerPC).
- Previous experience in either a technical support engineering or FAE role is desired.
Knowledge or Experience in:
- Networking protocols, software, systems, and equipment.
- C programming, troubleshooting, performance analysis in embedded systems environment.
- OS internals, binutils and C libraries in Linux, UNIX, xBSD, VxWorks, or similar operating system (Preferably Android as well).
- GNU tool chain, gcc, gdb.
- Device Driver/API development.
- U-boot boot-loader porting.
- Common microprocessor architectures and assembly language programming.
- Writing app notes, technical papers, technical specifications.
- Network security (IPSec/SSL) and/or Layer 2-7 applications.
- PCB / Board design and bring-up practices.
- Circuit design and schematic capture / layout principles.
- Debugging and measurement tools such as EJTAG debugger tools, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment.
- High speed communications protocols and interfaces such as XAUI, SGMII, PCI-X, PCI-Express, Serial RapidIO, SPI4.2, Interlaken, DDR2/DDR3 SDRAM, etc.
- Datasheets and electrical / mechanical parameters.
- Willingness to collaborate with global team members in various time zones.
- Organized, Self-driven and Customer focused.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Diligent, detail-oriented, and willing to take initiative and handle assignments with minimal supervision. Inherent sense of urgency and accountability; able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills; able to interface internally and externally with all levels of the organization.
Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) is a provider of highly integrated semiconductor processors that enable intelligent networking, communications, storage, video and security applications.