Director, Global Knowledge Management – eBay
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Knowledge Management & Self Service (eBay Global Customer Experience), the Knowledge Management Director will lead a global team responsible for managing knowledge for Customer Service agents and external customers seeking a resolution to their issue/question. This person will be responsible for leading a Knowledge Management transformation from a people, process and technology standpoint with key focus on:
- Reducing the time it takes our Customer Service Agents to find an answer to a customer’s question (Speed).
- Improving the accuracy of the knowledge to deliver improved resolution rate, customer satisfaction and first contact resolution (Accuracy).
- Improving the consistency of knowledge globally to deliver KM efficiency and step function change in customer experience (Consistency).
The Director of KM will be charged with strengthening the management team of each KM function by providing coaching and counsel to further develop their leadership capabilities and capacity.
The candidate will also partner with senior executives and leadership teams across GCX to build strong partnerships to deliver on strategic KM and GCX goals.
The Knowledge Management team consists of four people managers, twenty-three individual contributors that will grow to approximately forty in 2013 located in San Jose, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Germany, China and India.
- Lead the delivery of a global Knowledge Management transformation from a people, process and technology perspective.
- Manage an international KM team, driving change and establishing a high performance culture.
- Establish a clear benefit-driven delivery model, ensuring that investment in KM delivers customer, employee and shareholder benefits.
- Drive adoption of KM practices within eBay Customer Services (includes Knowledge Base usage).
- Owner of Customer Service content for internal and external customers, such as Knowledge Base articles, templates and online/mobile self-service content.
- Deployment of a global content management model including localization towards markets.
- Budget management of KM operations.
- Drive partnership and alignment within GCX and PayPal KM.
- Significant depth of experience in Knowledge Management. Integration of content management practices with a de-centralized knowledge-sharing model.
- Ability to operatationize KM strategy and articulate a practical vision for global change.
- Strong understanding that to build a highly successful organization capable of delivering extraordinary results foundationally starts with people at heart of the business. This individual must be able to bring deep business acumen and the executional know how of building and growing businesses globally through the ongoing development and supports of its people.
- A demonstrable results orientation in combination with a laser focus on critical business issues.
- Demonstrated ability for driving and implementing innovative cultural and structural change and global solutions which are considered among best in class.
- Demonstrated success in a metrics driven organization.
- Strong analytical background with experience delivering data driven presentations to key business leaders in a global matrixed environment.
- Ability to quickly build trust and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
Contact: Apply directly on Silu.com at http://jobs.silu.com/job/23459