Intern, MBA– eBay
Contact: Apply directly on Silu.com at http://jobs.silu.com/job/22022
The Geo Expansion Analytics team is looking to accelerate the already high-paced growth from emerging markets (Russia, China, Brazil, etc) by optimizing the localization efforts tied to marketing and the user experience. Emerging Markets is one the top strategic initiatives for eBay marketplaces, garnering frequent senior exec attention and interaction.
The analytics team at eBay works in close partnership with the business unit and product teams, helping to deliver world class experiences for customers in a way that also drives growth for shareholders.
The intern will be responsible for using data to come up with insights on how to help eBay expand their footprint across the globe. The intern will work on understanding the key dynamics of eBay marketplaces’ cross-border trade business, looking at supply/demand from various markets and simplifying the buyer and seller experience while trading across borders.
This role is unique in that the analyst will be analyzing many of the key elements of e-commerce, including but not limited to key user flows, search, landing pages, product pages, checkout, mobile, merchandising, social engagement, marketing, and advertising.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
- High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth environment.
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Expert Excel and PowerPoint skills. Database query skills (e.g., SQL) and a basic understanding of data warehouse architecture are highly preferred.
- Finally, but crucially: A passion for eBay, either existing or nascent. We are a unique company, and are looking for people who get excited by our fascinating marketplace & amazing business opportunities.