Created on Tuesday, 24 April 2012 08:00
U.S./China/India – Accelerating Clean Tech Innovation through Global Partnership
Save the Date: April 24, 2012 | 8:00 AM-12:00 PM | Kellogg Auditorium,
Silicon Valley Bank,
3005 Tasman Drive, Santa Clara
Who is investing in the clean tech industry in the U.S. and Asia? How are cross-border investors and entrepreneurs leveraging global partnership to achieve innovation and capital efficiency in this space? Come and join industry experts, investors, and key players in the U.S., China and India to engage in a dialog regarding the current business, policy and technology drivers in the clean tech industry. Learn the perspectives from clean tech companies, and how they work with their partners to jointly grow profitable businesses that successfully compete in the global marketplace.
- What are the latest thoughts on the importance of technology innovation and manufacturing in clean tech, and how do global partnerships factor in?
- What are the benefits and challenges of teaming with commercial partners? What are the structuring and competitive issues to consider?
- Within the solar and other industry, what are the models for successful companies and the partners within the value chain ?
- On the demand side of the energy equation, how can public or private collaboration help enterprise and utility customers capture, analyze, and act on monitoring and effectively managing energy and energy consumption?
- What role has governments played, or should play, in helping shape the global energy market and the opportunities for different kinds of public-private partnerships?
- Who are the clean tech investors in China and how are these deals being financed?
AAMA Clean Tech Special Interest Group: Gordon Ho (Cooley LLP) & Alan Chang (Capricorn LLC)
Agenda: 8:00-8:30 Registration and Light Breakfast 8:30-8:45 Welcome and Introduction – David Lam, President, AAMA 8:45-9:15 Opening Remarks – Andrew Chung, Partner, Khosla Ventures 9:15-10:15 Moderated Panel 1 - Leveraging Partnerships Through the Value Chain Moderated by: Gordon Ho, Partner, Cooley LLP Panel Speakers: Richard McCombs, Vice Chairman, MBA Polymers Harry Rozakis, CEO, Cyrium Technologies
Rachel Sheinbein, Partner, Energy and Materials, CMEA
Suvi Sharma, President, Solaria Corporation 10:15-10:30 Networking Break 10:30-11:15 Fireside Chat: Global Strategic Partnership in the Clean Tech Industry Moderated by: Alan Chang, Managing Director, Capricorn LLC Featured Speaker: Vinod Agarwal, CEO and Founder, Applied Solar Technologies 11:15-Noon Moderated Panel 2 - Smart Grid and Energy Efficiency
Moderated by: Brian Goncher, Director, Deloitte LLP Panel Speakers:
Gerd Goette, Managing Partner, Siemens Venture Capital
Pedram Mokrian, Principal, Mayfield Fund David Nieh, General Manager, Shui On Land Ron Sege, CEO, Echelon Noon-1:00 Conference Ends; Networking Registration:
Early bird (through April 15): $35 members, $50 non-members, $20 students
Regular (through April 24): $45 members, $60 non-members, $30 students
Seating is limited; register early!
SVCWireless promotion code: MEMPASS